The little town of Alexandra in Victoria was not always called Alexandra. Originally it was called Red Gate, but some time after gold was found in the 1860’s it was renamed after Alexandra of Denmark, the wife of Bertie (later Edward VII), the prince of Wales.
And for a long time that was it, until in the 1960’s the State Library of Victoria was refurbished and they decided to get rid of a statue of Princess Alexandra in a style vaguely reminiscent of a Roman empress.
Where else to give it to but Alexandra?
and there she is, in a park opposite the council offices, in a little shelter like a votive shrine looking suitably imperious …